HAPPY NEW YEAR! SELAMAT TAHUN BARU! 新年快乐! あけまして おめでとう ございます! 새해 복 많이 받으세요! BONNE ANNÉE! สวัสดีปีใหม่ ! FELICE ANNO NUOVO! FROHES NEUES JAHR! FELIZ AÑO NUEVO!
OMG. I am just so bad at updating the space. Like, I have ten thousands of inspirations since December 25th to log in and typed everything that was running through my head but just didn’t do so just because I am busy. Terrible bad excuse I am telling you first. Busy is just so common nowadays to use as an excuse; whether it’s for personal or social time or whatever. Personally hate to use busy as an excuse but well, sometimes I have to, I guess. The minute I had reached Singapore on December 25th, after the awesome short meet up slash breakfast with Finah (because she’s such an angel and awesome friend of mine who picked me up in the morning [my flight reached Singapore at 6am btw] and we had starbucks for breakfast), I am back to work. Literally, in the forms of emails and planning and catching up my breath with personal and social life, which was not that bad considering that I am okay with being busy and packed schedule because I hate doing nothing except when I am on vacation/holiday. But in the midst of “being busy“, I had missed having my me time.
And so, we bid farewell to 2013 just about a month and 9 days ago. 2014 is a brand new year. 365 days of memories waiting to be created, life choices and decisions to be made, mending broken relationships, letting go of things, people, memories. A brand new year where opportunities are waiting for you to do what you want to do and what you want to achieve.
To be honest, I am excited. I can’t remember when was the last time I am actually excited for a brand year. But yes, I am excited for 2014. I don’t really know why but I have this feeling a lot of things are going to take place and changes are expected. Both the good and bad, of course. And I think 2014 will be the year of changes. Like lots of changes. And plus, I am going to be in my mid 20s this year (25 years old, in case you can’t count). Like really. Can’t believe time just flew by like that. Fly ~
I haven’t exactly set down the goals I wanted to achieve this year but already have a few that I am determined to achieve it. Some goals in 2013 was put on hold last year and I am bringing the goals in 2013 in the hopes that I can fulfill it by the time the year ends. There are so so many things I want to do in 2014, I don’t know where to start. I had learned so much in 2013, I can’t wait to put some of the things that I have learned into good use.
One thing that I had learned in 2013, I really need that time alone with myself. A break from everything and everyone. That moment when I am really alone, my mind actually clears up and I can think clearly with whatever issues I was facing at that point of time. A bit sad, in a way because only when I am alone, I realised the actual issue(s) that I have in me. And then it’s kind of a little weird, because usually when you are alone, stupid thoughts will attack you and you can’t breathe and then you will be finding people to talk to and all. Yes, I know that feeling. I have that all the time whenever I am facing issues in life. But I realize, being alone means I can be one with myself and somehow I am able to construct whatever I had issues with and seeing them myself. I can’t solve everything alone of course but being one with myself, I am able to understand myself better. Like really better with no influences from other people (which is not really a bad thing, really). It’s lonely but I have been alone since like forever. So being alone isn’t that bad. Then again, being lonely and being alone are totally different things. So I like being alone (even though I get the lonely feels sometime).
I have so many people to thank to who had/have been there for me in 2013. I don’t think I was able to get through the start of 2013 without the help of these people. My 2013 started really bad and all I want to do is hide and do nothing at all. It got really bad a few months after that. Things only start to pick up at the second half of the year which I am really thankful for. I don’t really remember how I manage to even pull through 2013 but I really glad I did. Plus the deserving trip I had to Seoul in December, it was a nice wrap up to my 2013.
Okay here goes (even though I have no idea who reads my blog anyway but I am just going to post this anyway).
The thank you list (in no particular order)
- Jouie, Jasmine, Merilyn. Thank you for being there from the start of us being in PL. I have no idea what I will do without you girls. I get my strength and motivation from you to get through the days in school and to be a better person, a better teacher for my students. Sorry for the annoyance and random nonsense that I always do but that will still be continued in 2014 and I know you girls don’t really mind anyway, I am such a great entertainer (with Jouie)! Cheers to this friendship formed and may we get better and stronger in the year ahead! LOVE YOU GIRLS PLENTY! ^^
- Mr. David. For being the most awesome dad a girl could ever have. I think I wouldn’t be here without your ultimate support and motivation and your fabulous upbringing for me. I love how you make me independent by letting me having a space of my own and only to intervene when you feel that I’m doing things out of hand. I sincerely appreciate of the advices that you gave and continue to give and I really love that you have vast general knowledge of anything that I can think of. Thank for you being there for me all these while. I love you daddy! (:
- Moses’ Daughter (Amina Maisara). Sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for being a dear friend to me. Thank you for guiding me back to the path that I should be heading and reminding me that it’s okay to question and be curious about my faith. For being there from the start of my career journey and keeping my nonsense secrets from the world. You are one of my treasured friend Amina and I am planning to keep you in my life till Jannah (InsyaAllah) ^^ .
- Detective/Partner in Crime (Finah). Despite of our age differences, it was never an issue when you and I sit down and talk. Just talk about you and me, about our differences in life, about the struggles and challenges, about the fun and adventurous things that happen, about the past, the present and the future, about everything under the sun. I had always enjoyed our conversations. And our investigations skills are almost flawless when combined! I am looking forward for more adventures in whatever our life brings us to or what we bring to our life. Love you lil’ girl! 😀
- Ng Cai Yu (CY). You are one of my juniors that I still keep in touch with and one of the juniors that I know (and feel) that our bonding together just get better as days passed. There so many things that I have learnt from you. You have no idea how you actually inspired me in some aspect of my life. I am still learning and I am not the best person that you can talk to for advices and such. But I will be here in 2014 and the years after like how I think I have been there for you in 2013 and the years before. I will cheering you on your life journey towards achieving your goals. And hey, if you need anyone to just talk, I am just a phonecall away (: (p/s: and of course, our love for the two boys theogun <3)
- Maimunah. Like Finah, our age differences doesn’t mean anything between you and me. Like Cai Yu, you are one of my juniors that I still keep in touch with and one of the few that I am close to. Despite of your nonsensical childish self, you are a wonderful young lady who have yet to discover your calling in life and believe me when I say, you are much more mature than me in some aspect of life. I haven’t been there for you as much as I would like to but I am always here if you need me. And we still have to sit down together to talk and settle what you need to do to take that one step forward towards what you want to do in life. We had an adventure in 2013, looking forward for next. (:
- Raihan, Farzanah. The two have no idea how much you girls make a difference in my life. I love the two of you (even though I hardly express my love to the two of you). I always enjoy our time together despite of our numerous failed outings like going to the movie ends up going to eat instead and stuff like that. Although you girls spam the group chat like there’s no tomorrow, I don’t really mind because you guys make the day better with your nonsenses (: I am glad we are still together after leaving DD. Thank you for being there in 2013 and let’s continue to have a blast in 2014 and the years after! ^^ (p/s: Farzanah, 선생님 asked when are we going back for class!)
- 영현언니. 보고싶어 ): Thank your for your hospitality during my stay (almost all) in Seoul. In December last year where we spent a lot of time together, I have learned so much from you – from being a young lady, to achieving goals, to become a better person. So many things that you have indirectly taught me everything I am in Seoul. We got closer as time goes on and your random occasional texts always make me smile and miss you more. I can’t wait to see you again 언니! Keep in touch and time will pass till I see you again! 많이 감사합니다! 사랑해!
These are some of the people that I want to thank. Please don’t be mad. There are many other people who have made my 2013 lovely and I am sorry if you are not being mentioned. But really, for those who have made 2013 awesome, thank you so much. I hope 2014 will be a blast for all of us!
Had adventures with friends, work and self in 2013. Used up most of my leave for friends and personal trip last year. I am not sure how 2014 travels will go about. Definitely lesser than last year I assumed. But definitely going back to the usual place in December, I guess. I don’t really know because I am the kind of person who will just go with the flow. Depending on financial, flight and accommodation availability and of course, spontaneity, I will go wherever I think I will want to go at that moment in time. So surprise me 2014, surprise me. And of course, the plans that had been crafted earlier, I am coming after you.
And of course, in 2014, it’s all about the #gojer attitude or #justgo attitude.